April 21, 2012

Home Again...............another try

Sooooooo........I have managed to get discharged again yesterday afternoon from St. Vincents - things are not all they should be but we are headed in the right direction.....will start to work in solids gradually as we see more improvement on my ability to handle the liquid diet.  Have managed to get off of the pain and nausea medicine so i'm feeling somewhat comfortable that we are headed in the right direction - at this rate it is something i can manage at home instead of at the hospital which is a nice change. 

The tests showed there wasn't a blockage in the system - there was a lot of distention in the small intestine with a fair amount of adhesion's which is typical after surgery I am told - if you like the 9-month pregnant look this may be an option for you.

I think the trauma of what my body has been through in the last week has finally caught up with me and all the emotion baggage that goes with it.....i feel much better from a gastro perspective but i feel like i have been run over a few times by that train that hit me last August.  So hopefully this is now truly the road to recovery - i would very much like to try a little painless living for a while.  It reminds me of a song from my youth which captures my typical days this past while:


25 years and my life is still
trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this
Brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry somethimes when I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out what's in my head
And I'm, I am feeling a little peculiar
So I wake in the morning and I step outside
And I take deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's goin' on
And I say hey....
And I say hey what's goin' on
And I say hey....
I said hey what's goin' on


Stay Healthy
Best
C-

No comments: